Blue Sky Therapy is proud to introduce Teletherapy, a new, innovative way to provide our physical therapy services to patients! Teletherapy allows us to continue to enrich the lives of our patients and fulfill their physical therapy needs and goals - no office visit needed!
Blue Sky therapists are here to help you restore and maintain your health directly in the comfort of your home. We believe that therapy done in the home allows for patients to restore their functional abilities on their own time and schedule without the burden of transportation and other barriers.
What is Teletherapy?
Teletherapy refers to the use of electronic communication to remotely provide physical therapy information and services to patients via a videoconferencing system, rather than in-clinic visits.
Benefits of Teletherapy:
Teletherapy gives our patients the ability to follow their prescribed physical therapy exercise program, maintain their strength and mobility, and stay active, though a live HIPAA compliant video conferencing session conducted by one of our licensed therapists.
Benefits of Teletherapy include, but are not limited to:
- Reduced risk of physical decline
- Reduced risk of infection post-surgery
- Reduction of chronic pain and weakness
- Restoration in the comfort of your own home
- Ability for flexible appointment times
Teletherapy services are delivered via Zoom, an internet-based, HIPAA compliant video conferencing system. This system can be used on a computer or can be downloaded as an application on any smart phone or mobile device. Both desktop and mobile versions of Zoom are FREE.
Teletherapy sessions involve physical activity and exercise which is monitored via videoconferencing by your therapist. Services may include but are not limited to, muscle strength and endurance training, balance challenges, cardiovascular conditioning and training, and other various fitness activities.
Along with physical activity and exercise, Teletherapy sessions will also include:
- Patient education – Just like our in-clinic treatments, Teletherapy will focus on helping patients understand their diagnoses and steps they will need to take in order to improve their function.
- Exercise programs – Our clinics have partnered with WebPT to offer both our in-clinic and Teletherapy patients exercises to perform outside of their regularly scheduled appointments. These exercises are sent through WebPT’s Home Exercise Program application, which is available both online and on mobile devices. This application provides patients with an interactive portal to complete their assigned exercises along with videos on how to complete each exercise at home.
- Optional in-office treatments – Patients can still visit our clinics for manual therapy and other hands on work when needed.
Signing up for Telethearpy Services:
You can sign up for our Teletherapy services by contacting us at 1 (877) 236-8663.
We look forward to providing you with our exceptional therapy services wherever you may be!